Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 Review

Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 Review 7,5/10


So for the first time ever I am going to post a review about a tech gadget (and for disclaimer purposes I have to specify that the mentioned item does not belong to me but is in fact the property of my girlfriend, or so to speak). So I'll start by giving some technical details and (hopefully) won't go too much into detail.

The screen packs the visually so gratifying 1024x600 resolution which packs a real punch when you're watching movies. It has two cameras one in the front and one in the back. Really good when you're trying to take self pics without looking like a twat that has to go to the bathroom mirror.

 The video is pretty solid, but I'd doubt you'd see people filming series like they filmed an episode of house with that Nikon camera. Right, as far as space is concerned it packs a 16GB hard drive which to me seems an okay amount as I won't go loading lots of things on it but I'd primarily use it to store pictures, movies (when you're on the go), a couple of songs, documents and my favourite .... *drum roll* COMIC BOOOKS (or as schmucks like me like to call them, graphic novels). I mean o my god I've been waiting for so long to finally be able to read comics like a decent human being. Don't get me wrong using the PC is perfectly fine but with this I can lie down in bed before going to bed and just enjoy them to the fullest extent. As any perfectly normal human being the first thing when I got it was to go to the Google play store and download some apps. In this day and age mankind cannot possibly survive without them. I downloaded dropbox, tumblr, blogger, flip pad, comic reader and a few other not so interesting ones. Oh and angry birds ofc.


Another neat thing that I have to mention is that it came with the 3G packet meaning that I can load stuff to my hearts content wherever I am. Alas this nifty toy will be at my disposal for but a brief 3 months or possibly longer if luck is on my side. If not then I shall try to make an arrangement so I can purchase it with a sweeter deal. Needless to say, it came with a charger and headphones and sadly without a case, which are surprisingly expensive if I compare it with the price of the tab.

Feeling particularly peachy I decided to take it with me to some lectures to make notes with it and be an exceptionally smug git but I couldn't type on the darn thing at an appropriate pace to keep up with the teacher so I ended up using the old school method with paper and pen. A truly embarrassing moment for me.

I noticed that the tab also has a call feature but haven't tried it so far. It looks however something like this (btw this is not me in the pic)



I feel the need to justify my rating with product a bit more so here's the deal: The Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 is a perfectly awesome toy but if I had to rate it upon its usefulness for me it would still only come as far as being a really entertaining yet a tad expensive toy. Hope you don't have me now Samsung. I still use other products you make and like them a lot!

Best wishes,

A Guy's Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment